The Texas Entrepreneur Networks Funding Forum Series
Texas Entrepreneur Networks is proud to announce its Funding Forum series that seeks to pair high-growth startups with angel and venture capital investors through pitch sessions.
The Funding Forum is a set of events that includes
- Announcement of Event with deal criteria
- If the deal fits the investor criteria, entrepreneurs may submit an application online.
- Investors then review the deals and chose the ones they want to hear pitch. These entrepreneurs are called the Finalists.
- The Finalists pitch to the investors face-to-face at the Funding Forum. Typically the top finalists get 10 minutes to pitch and the next tier get 1 minute for a Fastpitch.
- For those deals the investors find interest they will then go through their due diligence process and follow up directly with companies that they are interested in.
- If the investors in the Funding Forum are not ultimately interested, but the deal meets the criteria of angel investing, the entrepreneur can elect to be introduced to other angel investment groups.
What is Angel/VC investing?
Angels are high net-worth individuals and venture capitalists seek to deploy funds in growth businesses in the hopes of a generating a return. Angels and VCs seek deals with strong management teams, a working product, and a large target market with attractive growth rates.
Who Should Apply?
Entrepreneurs who have developed a product/service and are in the market or about to go to market should consider applying. Those with seed stage concepts are typically too early for this type of funding.
Importance of pitching
Entrepreneurs need to be able to pitch deals effectively since they will have only 10 minutes or less to communicate the value of their business opportunity. For a 10 minute pitch, 10-15 slides are generally used. The pitch must focus not only on the product/service but also on the business itself including the management team, target market, competitive analysis, and how the funds will be used.
What you get for participating in our programs
Texas Entrepreneur Networks assists your company with:
- Introduction to angel investing
- Feedback on your executive summary
- Live coaching on your pitch
- Pitch to investors–if selected
- Introduction to angel groups where appropriate
- Follow up meeting with interested investors
In short, the entrepreneur gets feedback, the opportunity to network with investors, and potentially get funding.
What is the track record of funding forums?
Typically 50% of those who pitch go on to receive funding from angel and venture capital investors.
To participate in this funding forum you will need to be a member of our CONNECT Program.
If your deal is selected, you’ll be asked to submit your Executive Summary so the investors have access to your information online. We do charge $500 per application so please make sure you’re ready.
“I am amazed at the quality and interest of investors present at the
event I attended. The event was run in a very professional manner and
have received tremendous support from Hall and his company, before,
during and after the event. It was well worth my time to attend. Thank
- Mark Scherer, New Earth Center